Application : Directory Structure
Locomotive favors convention over configuration. One of these conventions is a
well defined directory structure, making it easy to locate files in an
- Contains the controllers that handle requests sent to an application.
- Contains the models for accessing and storing data in a database.
- Contains the views and layouts that are rendered by an application.
- Configuration for the application, including routes, databases, etc.
- Environment-specific configuration. For example, development and
production are two environments that require different settings.
- Initialization code that is executed before the applications starts.
- Static files and compiled assets served by the application.